Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Puerto Viejo

Hola from Costa Rica. Once again, the weekend was wonderful! I went on an excursion to Puerto Viejo with a great group of people. Our hotel had hammocks outside of every room for the perfect afternoon nap, and the beach was unreal. The first day we took a short trip to Cahuita National Park where we took a short hike before arriving at a beautiful beach. Along the way we saw a sloth, lots of monkeys, a bright yellow snake, and an iguana... Along with a LOT of spiders and insects. As beautiful as the journey, the destination was just as magnificent. The turquoise water looked so inviting, and I couldn't wait to jump in! However, about 30 seconds after getting into the ocean, I was stung by a jellyfish!!!  I had to take a short break from swimming, but nothing could keep me from the water for long. After getting back to town, coconut water was a welcome refreshment from a long day in the sun. I fell in love with Puerto Viejo and I can't wait to go back!!!